PMI works with companies who offer apprenticeships to their employees by providing classes where the employee can earn their classroom hours while they receive their on-the-job training at their company.
CNC Machinist Apprenticeship Program
The CNC Machinist Apprenticeship program is a 4-year apprenticeship with 8,000 hours of on-the-job training and a minimum of 576 classroom hours. PMI students who earned NIMS certifications can have those transferred into the apprenticeship program.
A student who is in the CNC Machinist Apprenticeship uses PMI and Edinboro University to earn their classroom hours and receives their on-the-job training at the company who is sponsoring the apprenticeship.
Local apprenticeships offered include the CNC Machinist Apprenticeship and the Tool and Die Apprenticeship. If a student completes classes through PMI’s CNC Machinist program, those courses may be transferred toward the apprenticeship through their employer.
Under these apprenticeship programs, classes include:
- Tech Math and Applied Math (PMI)
- Inspection Principals (PMI)
- Basics of CMM (PMI)
- Print Reading (PMI)
- Basic Computer Operations (PMI)
- Workholding Devices (PMI)
- Machining Fundamentals (PMI)
- Basic CNC Set up and Operations (PMI)
- CAD Drawing (3D Drawing) (PMI)
- Intro to Quality (Edinboro University)
- Engineering Materials (Edinboro University)
- Jig and Fixture Design (Edinboro University)
- Mold design or Die Design (Edinboro University)
Another apprenticeship program in which classes can be taken at PMI is the Mechatronics Apprenticeship Program. This apprenticeship program includes 612 classroom hours and 6,000 hours of on-the-job training.
If a student goes through PMI’s Electro-Mechanical Technology program, some of the classes can be transferred into the Mechatronics Apprenticeship. Similar to the CNC Machinist Apprenticeship program, the student earns their on-the-job training hours at their employer and can earn their classroom hours through PMI.
Courses included in this apprenticeship program include:
- Print Reading for Industry
- Tech Math
- Inspection Principals
- Shop Machine Operations
- Fundamentals of Electricity
- Electrical Motor Controls
- AC/DC Applications
- Basic Maintenance Welding
- Mechanical Drive Systems
- Fluid Power Technology
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Preventative Maintenance Applications
Earn Your Classroom Hours at PMI!
At PMI, we are dedicated to providing students with the opportunities and skills they need to succeed. We do this by working with companies who offer apprenticeship programs and providing a variety of classes taught by experienced instructors.
Contact PMI today to learn more!