Why Electric Arc Welding Training?
Welders are in high demand in the Manufacturing Industry. According to the US Department of Labor (Bureau of Labor Statistics)*, welders held about 357,400 jobs in 2012, 61% of these being in the Manufacturing Industry. The Bureau of Labor Statistics also states “job prospects should be good for welders trained in the latest technologies.” Welders will earn an average of $17.45/hour or $36,300 annually*.
Why PMI for Electric Arc Welding Training?
PMI’s welding instructors are MIG, TIG, STICK and FLUX-CORE Certified Welders. Students will have the opportunity to learn about basic fitting and welding processes and have the ability to obtain a career with a sustaining wage. A diploma in Welding is awarded upon graduation.
What Equipment Do I Get To Work With?
The PMI welding lab contains:
- 14 Welding booths
- Iron worker metal shear, punch, and bender
- MEP Metal Working Band Saw
- Bridgeport milling machine
- Lincoln Precision Tig and Square wave GTAW/SMAW Machines
- Lincoln Power MIG 255, 265, & 350 MP Aluminum machines
- Oxy-Acetylene and Plasma Arc cutting systems
- Clausing Metal Lathe
- And much more!