PMI Mission – “Why We Exist”
The Mission of Precision Manufacturing Institute is to promote growth of people, business, and industry through quality education and training.
PMI Vision – “What We Want to Be”
Precision Manufacturing Institute will be the conduit for workers and their families to weld their dreams to reality by being in the blueprint for their future. Exceptional training and service will electrify the industries in the region and build the reputation of PMI as the trainer of choice. We will be nimble, listen to our industry partners and adapt to their changing demands.
PMI Values – “Standards We Live By”
The Values for Precision Manufacturing Institute are exhibited through personal character and professional service to our students and our community. By supporting our students and businesses:
- We are ethical by developing the skill sets of job seekers and unemployed individuals by collaborating with employers to strengthen and foster growth.
- We are open-minded and committed to innovation and continuous improvement through life long learning.
- We are passionate about our work motivated to be a positive influence to our students and the world around us.
- We are responsible by recognizing students as our first priority and provide the environment and support to ensure their academic and personal success.
- We are credible as professionals by holding ourselves and those around us to a high level of ethical and moral behavior.
- We respect others better than we expect to be treated.
- We share our common goals through teamwork.
- PMI first opened in 1987 as the National Institute of Flexible Manufacturing(NIFM), and was the nation’s first “Shared Use” training facility.
- NIFM changed its name to Precision Manufacturing Institute in 1998.
- PMI is a nonprofit 501(c)3 educational training center.
- PMI is governed by a board of directors. Many of these board members are leaders from local manufacturing companies.
- PMI’s main building is located on Bessemer Street, with a remote location for the welding lab located on Broadway. Both facilites are located in Meadville, Pennsylvania.
Licensing & Accreditation
Precision Manufacturing Institute is licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Private Licensed Schools.
Precision Manufacturing Institute has been accredited since 2004, and most recently re-accredited in 2015, by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges. ACCSC is a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Institute and Employer.