Precision Manufacturing Institute will be the conduit for workers and their families to weld their dreams to reality by being in the blueprint for their future. Exceptional training and service will electrify the industries in the region and build the reputation of PMI as the trainer of choice. We will be nimble, listen to our industry partners and adapt to their changing demands.
Our mission is to promote the growth of people, business, and industry through quality education and training.
The foundations of the Value Statement for Precision Manufacturing Institute are exhibited through personal character and professional service to our students and our community. We support business and industry and our communities by:
- Developing the skill sets of new job seekers and unemployed or under-employed individuals who desire careers in the area manufacturing industry.
- Advancing the skills and knowledge of incumbent workers who desire or need to enhance their existing skill sets.
- Partnering with machine, tooling, and software providers to make available the technologies for the benefit of our manufacturing students.
- Cooperating and collaborating with community agencies and leaders, manufacturing support organizations, education and training providers, and other entities and individuals whose efforts strengthen Business and Industry and foster its growth.
- Providing services for the right reason, delivering value through our credibility as professionals, meeting the expectations of quality, timeliness and cost and doing things for the right reason.
- PMI first opened in 1987 as the National Institute of Flexible Manufacturing(NIFM), and was the nation’s first “Shared Use” training facility.
- NIFM changed its name to Precision Manufacturing Institute in 1998.
- PMI is a nonprofit 501(c)3 industrial training center.
- PMI is governed by a board of directors. Many of these board members are leaders from local manufacturing companies.
- PMI’s main building is located on Bessemer Street, with a remote location for the welding lab located on Broadway. Both facilites are located in Meadville, Pennsylvania.
Licensing & Accreditation
Precision Manufacturing Institute is licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Private Licensed Schools.
Precision Manufacturing Institute has been accredited since 2004, and most recently reaccredited in 2015, by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges. ACCSC is a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education.